[pchelpers] Re: web design

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ed on pchelpers " <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 18:24:35 -0500

Hi Ed!

In message 000e01c30f3e$1d567460$8e4891d1@v6l8i4">mid:000e01c30f3e$1d567460$8e4891d1@v6l8i4
on Wednesday, April 30, 2003, 12:29:48 PM, you wrote:

EW> I've seen some new stuff where one never even leaves the home page
EW> but can see all the info there by holding the cursor over certain
EW> "links".

EW> Up till now I've preferred simple sites that are easy to view,
EW> etc. I will want to do more with his but not get carried away,
EW> either. I am interested in looking at cgi, asp, et all.

There's a .MD domain; supposedly names in that domain are available to
anyone who can demonstrate that s/he is a doctor.

As for the web site; "new stuff" is nice, but it should NEVER get in
the way of "intuitiveness", ease of use, and, of course, removing
money from the customer's pocket. Keep in mind that the number of
eldery is increasing, who may have odd visual problems that make
certain web pages difficult to view, etc. Furtermore, you may get
computer newbies who barely know the proper way to click a mouse
button with their toe, much less comprehend buttons that don't look
like buttons, etc. Money should never discriminate.

--
--Scott.
mailto:Wizard@xxxxxxxx