[pchelpers] personal mp3 CD player

  • From: "G.R. Hanson" <grhanson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCHelpers" <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 16:32:13 -0500

Regarding a Personal mp3  player.
I have a small 'walkman' type cd player.  It plays mp3's and regular cd's too.

You can get small speakers to plug into that <I have some> and not have to wear
headphones and hear the info.

For example, I have the cd of the whole convention Billy was mentioning - it is
an mp3 cd he sent me.  I let an elderly couple borrow it and they played it on
my small 'walkman' type cd player using those speakers instead of the
headphones - and thus got to listen to 3 days of a convention they had to miss.
 It's a good thing.

I got my mom and my mother in law one of those mp3 cd players at Walmart for
$40. each.  They can vary widely in price, but the one I got them works great
for that price.

If you go to buy one you have to make sure it says that it plays mp3's on the
package.

This is not the one I got, but you can get the idea:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2612170&cat=96469&type=19&dept=3944&path=0%3A3944%3A172481%3A96469

Re-Na Hanson / Arkansas USA