[pchelpers] here virus

  • From: "Jonathan Setcer" <jsetcer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 23:08:54 -0600

I had a customer this morning who's computer wanted to log onto the internet
as soon as XP started.  It said "Here.exe" needed access to the internet.
He agreed to let me wipe it and start over. I even deleted the partition.

This afternoon he called me to say not only can he get on the internet via
AOL again, but the whole machine is running much faster.....  He was happy
to know that he had one of the new, fancy viruses.... Not something old and
common.

I'm just confirming that What Robert recomends worked here.

J.
> wouldn't it be easier to wipe the computer and reload?  Usually the
machine