[pchelpers] Re: What's The Right Temperature?

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "G.Cox" <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 19:38:57 -0600

Hi George,

GC> I'm trying to get some idea about whether my system's operating temperatures
GC> are good. The mainboard temp is 72.3F, the CPU is at 78.6F and the power
GC> supply is at 84.2F. Are these good or should I be concerned?

You didn't say what kind of CPU you have, but that's a relatively low
temperature for any system. You must have it in a room with an air
temperature of 72F or lower.

Depending upon the CPU, the temperature should be below about 150F or
so.  Go to the AMD or Intel web site to find out the recommended
temperature limit for your specific CPU.

--Scott.