[pchelpers] Re: Regarding adding a DVD burner

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Louis M Hall <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 20:47:27 -0600

Hi Louis,

LMH> It seems that the disc blanks one purchases takes some deliberation
because it
LMH> seems what you can do is based much on the disc. I pursed the Sunday paper
ads looking
LMH> for types of discs. I saw most of the + and - with R and RW excepting I
did not see
LMH> DVD-RW featured, but I'm sure I'll find it when I get to a supply store.

According to the diagram on an Imation jewel case insert:

DVD-R, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, DVD+R drives can read DVD -/+ R/RW, CD-R/RW
DVD-R/RAM drives can read DVD -/+ R/RW, DVD-RAM, CD-R/RW
DVD-R drives can write DVD-R, CD-R/RW
DVD-R/RW drives can write DVD-R/RW, CD-R/RW
DVD-R/RAM drives can write DVD-R/RAM
DVD+R/RW drives can write DVD+R/RW, CD-R/RW
DVD+RW drives can write DVD+RW, CD-R/RW

Note that this may not be correct for some models, especially stereo
players.

LMH> P.S. Next time you post, "Where is "nu" and are "U" at "nu"?

I live in Killeen, Texas, USA.

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/ne.html

*.NU domains are available to the public.

--Scott.