[pchelpers] Re: Reception Problem with TV card

  • From: "Louis M Hall" <lhall1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 17:17:01 -0600

I just went ahead a ran a separate cable to the "TV In" of the TV card from
another room where there was a cable source with RG6 cable. This cable TV
connection had much excess length. . . . enough for me
to bring it within a few feet of the "TV In" of the TV card. I connected it
with a short run of RG59 cable.
This TV cable line I brought in is on the booster circuit.

It improved the TV reception tremendously on the TV monitor of the TV with the
TV card.

> To test this, I am thinking of taking an unused cable connection that is =
> on the other household TV circuit with the booster to the TV card to see =
> if this improves the reception on the monitor on the computer with the =
> TV card.f
>
> Will this cause a problem as I would like to determine if a separate =
> line to the TV, VCR and TV card in the computer area is the answer =
> before going to rewiring expense?

As far as I know, it did not cause a problem.