[pchelpers] Re: Installing XP Home upgrade on a WinNT 3.51 system

  • From: "Eugene Ramulu" <eugene.ramulu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 15:53:38 +0200

Hi Scott

Thanks for the reply.

It seems I have encountered a bug in the setup program. I don't think
Micro$oft ever intended NT 3.51 users getting any benefit out of them.
Looks like I'll have to go around hunting for a 98 CD...
Thanks again.
-e
=20

>You may have run into a bug. I think they probably use the same setup
program for both Windows XP Home and Pro, and I'd guess that that part
wasn't tested properly. If 3.51 is supported at all, it's almost
certainly ONLY by Pro, not Home. Note that Windows 2000 (newer than NT
3.x or 4.x) is also only supported by XP Pro.