[pchelpers] IE browser spontaneously opening 1 to 7 full screen windows

  • From: "Cyril Halbach" <cyril.kr3y@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Helpers PC" <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 23:00:17 -0400

 My daughter's XP system with all the Windows updates as well as updates and
having run both Spybot and AdAware and it still has has some kind of a
problem. Firefox is the default browser but IE is opening up spontansously
with web pages full of ads from multiple http://ad.c???????.com/ etc. web
sites.  I cannot figure out what is  bringing them up nor how to prevent
them.
Using msconfig I removed everything from Start that looked suspicious but
nothing had any good effect. I thought I recalled back some time ago that
someone on PCHLEPERS had something similar.  I do not recall if there was a
solution to the problem.  Appreciate any suggestions.

  Cy