[pchelpers] Re: Fwd: Re: Dist format or disk eraser utility

  • From: John Durham <john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 13:08:31 +1300

On 3/11/2010 12:41 p.m., Ekhart GEORGI (last name last) wrote:
> Hi Pen

Windows contains a format command. For example:
FORMAT A:
formats a disk in drive A:
  The principle applies to all writable drives in or connected to the
system.

>               HOW  DO  I  REMOVE  THE  OS  AND  TRASH?
> Please explain this question.
If you want to remove a partition, a program called DELPART can do that
with one command (highly destructive).
It removes the partition and everything in it. This really amounts to
deleting a drive from your system. Even if it is still physically
present, the hard drive would need to be partitioned and then formatted
again before files could be put there.

--
Regards, John Durham
Fax/Phone 64 4 5286786