[pchelpers] Re: Canon printer problems

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 07:55:00 -0700

Re-Na:

The absolute 1st thing to do in a situation like this is a printer
self-test. Since each model varies, I can't tell u how to do that &
refer u to your printer's documentation. This takes the computer
hardware entirely out of the equation. If the printer/scanner does not
work under these circumstances, it's likely stuffed. If it does, then
we know that it's either the cable, the drivers, or other
connectivity/communication issues w/the computer that's the problem.

Sometimes the nozzles on these print cartridges clog &/or dry up. I
had 1 case where I was troubleshooting printer problems w/a brand new
printer. Turns out cartridges had been left too long in the warehouse
& dried out. Do the self test. Usually it's pressing both buttons on
the printer simultaneously, but, again, consult your printer docs.

Gl.

--
Change the world--1 deed at a time
Jackie McBride