[patriots] Re: The Dark Web

  • From: Colin <colin.gardom@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: patriots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 19:31:51 +0100

Just be aware that some online sites may chuck a wobbly because you're not coming from what the feel the correct IP region, so if an error occurs this is usually it.

Don't trust it with your banking either.

Colin.

On 04/09/14 11:56, Jack Lewis wrote:
I think we should cross that bridge when we get to it in the mean time I'm willing to give it a go.

Jack

On 04/09/2014 11:08, Rays1 wrote:

Jack,

Mike (green) and I discussed this in July.

Mike reckons he used it several years ago and that it was just too slow. I've tried it recently

and it is a slower method but, that's to be expected as it goes through it's 'relays' to try and protect

privacy

It does'nt seem too slow now though and seems to work ok. I'd say it's far more private and much

harder to be tracked at least - even though nothings invulnerable in this respect.

I can vouch that it does work on say, websites where content is barred from UK users, it then becomes

accessible using TOR so, obviously, it does 'cloak' you

Given that it does seem to restore privacy, it will probably be made 'illegal' to use it at some point.

What then?

Ray