[patriots] FW: Captain Ranty

  • From: annette rose smith <annette-rose-smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "patriots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <patriots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 21:31:25 +0100

Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 20:29:06 +0000
Subject: Captain Ranty
From: ian.grindey@xxxxxxxxx
To: annette-rose-smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Captain Ranty

Scotland Says No

But it was hardly a landslide.

55 to 45 is not a massive, overwhelming victory. It means that we will have 1.5
million very pissed off Scots and I cannot help but wonder what happens next.

Will the Yes camp accept defeat and get on with getting on with it, or can we
expect nastiness and upheaval?

Not sure what to expect when I return in December.

Update from South Africa:

I am settling in well. I have a stunning apartment, a shiny new car, and,
against all odds, a South African bank account. I was told I would not get one
until my Work Permit was in place, which would have made my life very awkward
for the next three months. My job is excellent. I really enjoy doing what I do.
I am off to Botswana on Monday for a series of meetings with representatives of
NGO’s from eight countries. Exciting stuff.

But I am deeply unhappy.

And I have never felt so alone. I still don’t know what will happen when I go
home in a couple of months and a feeling of dread persists.

I suppose I will just have to suck it up, like anyone else in this situation.
But it is hard work.

How are you guys doing?

CR.

You are subscribed to email updates from Captain Ranty

To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
Email delivery powered by Google