[passtartoursgroup] Re: Fwd: Party favor...

  • From: Eric Steinberg <eric@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Star Tours Group <passtartoursgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 22:20:38 +0000

Leah, you are correct, as far as this chart goes, however the images that
Howard posted a few emails back from the DSS do actually do show stars at the
right coordinates. My guess is that the company may likely be using the same
images and RA/DEC locating feature that Howard and I used. That’s why they
can’t provide magnitude information – it’s not available. They’re probably
10th or 11th or even 12th magnitude stars that will be exceedingly difficult to
try to find. They are not even in SkySafari Pro, which has 15 million objects.

I think all we can do is point to the general area and look for something that
resembles the images Howard posted - and no guarantees.