[p900] Re: "master reset" is actually "junior reset"...

  • From: Michel <p900-dev@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: p900@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 23:06:50 +0000

On Tuesday 09 March 2004 22:51, Alfonso Martone wrote:
> Well, while I am happy for technical characteristics of this machine, I=20
> begin to feel very annoyed because of these arising BUGS and PROBLEMS!=20
> And this happens after only FOUR MONTHS I bought this product. Shame on=20
> you, Sony Ericsson & Symbian guys! These damned bugs remind me the Old,=20
> Old, Old days, when I was compelled to use Windows 3.1 and 95 and their=20
> nightmare bugs and problems, which appeared without any reason, giving=20
> continuous demonstration of their instability!!!=20

Heh thats funny, because I always tought PSION was particularly lame. I tought
they had got better with Symbian and all, but in fact the more I dig into it,
the more I realize it's still based on the same base of crap. with DOS
filenames, no partial pathnames, and many, many other stupidities. .INI files
for blast sake, we're in 2004!

No, the master reset just reboots the phone. if you want to MASTER RESET your
phone you need to reinstall the firmware using a PC running the SE suite.
I've upgraded my firmware a couple times already in VMware under linux...

Be sure to make a full backup beforehand (using their suite, it's the only way
I know to do a full backup/restore), because THAT will erase *everything*
from your phone.