[OMB] Meeting TONIGHT 12/9/2013

  • From: Wild Child <wildchild75@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: overmountainbrewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 06:39:26 -0500

Hello Overmountain Brewers,
I hope you can join us for this last meeting of 2013!
Tonight's meeting is at Bonefire in Abingdon VA and the business will start
at 7pm.  I plan on being there a touch early so I can eat after work, but
please note this is not a requirement to be present at this meeting.  I
would like to see everyone tonight, so if you can, please try to make it.

The presentation tonight will be given by Brent Dingus and the topic will
be: Intro to All Grain - The Mashing Process. This will be a quick overview
of malting, Milling, types of grain, techniques for mashing, sparging,
lautering.

Also up for tonight is election of the 2014 officers. The nominations we
have to date are:
Secretary: Mike Sheehan
Membership Director: Justin Dicks
Treasurer: John Kelly
Vice President: Ben Cowan
President: Donna Dingus

Additionally, if you would like to rejoin for 2014 John Kelly will be
accepting membership dues.  The cost for one year is $20.00, and if checks
are written please make it out to Overmountain Brewers.

Last up, if you didn't see the note from David Jones: Food City on Euclid
Ave. in Bristol, VA. is having a Craft Beer and wine tasting this Thursday
at 6PM. There will be specialty cheeses and meats served as well and the
cost is only $5. You must RSVP by calling 276-466-2330 before that date.

And if you didn't know it, Inari Wine also in Bristol VA does tastings.
 Beer on Fridays and Wine on Saturdays.  Cost there is $5.00 and if you
want to see what they are tasting check out there site here:
https://inariwines.com/tastings

Hope to see you tonight!
Donna Dingus