[ourplace] Re: The Heat and more

  • From: Karen Delzer <catwacky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ourplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2016 13:04:57 -0700

Ew'w'w'w'w, ick. Makes ya wanna move, huh?

Karen

Well, it’s been a pretty miserable couple of days. Not only is the heat an issue, but here in our RV park, apparently Thursday night, just after 9 o’clock, the well had some kind of problem. The management here has never given us as renters, any after hours emergency phone number to call. There is a store, gas station, on the property, which, didn’t have water either, but no one knew of the problem until 5 o’clock in the morning, or later. It didn’t get fixed until Friday afternoon. Then last night, we had bad storms east of us, and we got some wind, but very little sprinkles at all. Anyway, we lost power. Again, it was just after 9 at night, so the store was closed. That’s where the managers are during the daytime hours. So, I had to call the power company and sit on the phone for almost an hour, to report the outage. Strangely enough, the bar, which is also on the property had power, but we didn’t know that until around 1 AM, so no sense in going there. Every time we opened our door for some outside air, exhaust would come in, due to the next door neighbor sitting in his truck to have air conditioning. Finally, about 1:40 this morning, the power came back on. So, then we awoke to having no water again. Supposedly there’s a broken water main in the park, and as of now, 12:30 PM, its still not fixed. We’re so upset. We’ve used up almost all of our fresh water tank going to the bathroom. Can’t even wash my face. Dirty dishes are lying in the sink, which never happens in my house, and grrrrrrr! So venting to my friends may help me feel better. Sorry for the rant.
Vickie

May God bless you now, and evermore!