Re: when to use hugepages

  • From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Dave.Herring@xxxxxxxxxx, jkstill@xxxxxxxxx, guillermo.bort@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 09:45:24 -0700 (PDT)

An interesting post by Kevin Closson on the topic ...

http://kevinclosson.wordpress.com/2007/08/23/oracle11g-automatic-memory-management-and-linux-hugepages-support/

 Robert G. Freeman
Author:
Portable DBA: Oracle  (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i New Feature
Blog: http://robertgfreeman.blogspot.com (Oracle Press)
The LDS Church is looking for DBA's. You must be LDS to apply (please don't
write to me and tell me I'm breaking the law. A church can choose to hire
members of it's own faith. Look it up if you don't believe me).