RE: what package/procedure did SQL come from?

  • From: "Tanel Poder" <tanel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kylelf@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 02:58:05 +0300

Hi Kyle,

> I want to correlate SQL to the packages and procedures they came from.
> Is there a way to do this before
> Starting in this is pretty easy  thanks to the fields

Btw, these columns are available also in

The first thing that popped into my mind was V$OBJECT_DEPENDENCY but there
is no dependency link between the PL/SQL object and the SQL fired from it,
as the PL/SQL object isn't dependent on SQL cursor object as such but on the
underlying schema objects instead.

So I'm not sure whether it's doable with realistic means before
but I agree, it's nice functionality for simple PL/SQL profiling. Btw it
doesn't work well in some cases when calling out PL/SQL from SQL (like
select from PL/SQL pipelined function etc)

Tanel Poder