Re: what is "kfk: async disk IO"?

  • From: Dion Cho <ukja.dion@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 15:18:49 +0900

As Freek has pointed it out, "kfk" is related to asynch I/O. Exactly
speaking, kfk layer is activated by disk_asynch_io parameter being true.

If the problem persists, strace on the process would give additional info
about the asynchronous I/O system call.

And you can get parameter info from V$EVENT_NAME as following.

TPACK@ukja1120> exec print_table('select * from v$event_name where name like
''kfk''');
EVENT#                        : 377
EVENT_ID                      : 1568594048
NAME                          : kfk: async disk IO
PARAMETER1                    : count
PARAMETER2                    : intr
PARAMETER3                    : timeout
WAIT_CLASS_ID                 : 4108307767
WAIT_CLASS#                   : 9
WAIT_CLASS                    : System I/O

Dion Cho - Oracle Performance Storyteller

http://dioncho.wordpress.com (english)
http://ukja.tistory.com (korean)
http://sites.google.com/site/otpack (tpack)