RE: what is "kfk: async disk IO"?

  • From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx" <martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx>, Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 10:42:23 +0100

Martin,

The "kfk: async disk IO" seems to be linked to the io_submit system call.
You could check your number of async io processes.

But don't look at the number of occurrences to determine how "heavy" an event
is, look at the time spend. There is no relation between number of occurrences
and time spend.

Regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime