Re: using pipe to export oracle on windows platform

  • From: "Nuno Souto" <nsouto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 01:00:28 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carel-Jan Engel" <cjpengel.dbalert@xxxxxxxxx>

> Zhu wants to reduce his network traffic when he sends the compressed
> file to Solaris.

Ah! Dingding.  Yeah, the compressed folder won't help much
there.  The only thing I can think of is to still use the
compressed folder as a holding area to save some disk and use
gzip/unzip piped to rcp (from cygwin or equivalent) to copy the
compressed data across.  On the Unix side the target/source can
then be a named pipe withthe usual arrangements.
That would work, wouldn't it?

> network. So, maybe I have to agree with you, you are confused, as I was
> ;-)

welcome to my life!...  :)

Cheers
Nuno Souto