Re: standby databases and memory consumption

  • From: De DBA <dedba@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "maureen.english@xxxxxxxxxx" <maureen.english@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2014 12:09:04 +1000

That'll probably work, however I tend to keep them the same as the production
database, if possible. When the roles are switched, the memory parameters must
be adjusted to suit the new role. No problem if they are kept the same, but an
extra point on the check list to be executed in a (usually) stressful
situation.. and easy to overlook ;)

Cheers,
Tony

On 07/01/14 10:12, Andy Gmail wrote:
Start with 1g sga and 512m PGA.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 6, 2014, at 5:36 PM, Maureen English <maureen.english@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Anyone willing to share what they set pga and sga values to for a standby
database?

We currently have ours set to the same as our primary databases, but are
looking at
finding what minimum values we can use for as long as the database is in
standby mode.

- Maureen