Re: sqlplus scott/tiger@tnsname hangs

  • From: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 13:41:51 -0700 (PDT)

Prasad,

Did you get any TNS- or ORA- errors in the listener log during the period
SQL*Net and application couldn't login? I remember we had similar issues a few
times during logon storm and saw

TNS-12518: TNS:listener could not hand off client connection
 TNS-12540: TNS:internal limit restriction exceeded

We restarted the listener and it went away. Never completely figured out the
root cause. It was shared server config on 9.2.0.5 Solaris. I suspect the
listener process file descriptor limit was reached. But we didn't check the
descriptors opened during the crisis.

Yong Huang

Be a better friend, newshound, and