Re: sqlplus scott/tiger@tnsname hangs

Thanks Jared. As you mentioned  this is one of the Bank's  high hitter
application.  I tried to find out why the database is running on shared
server mode  but could not find any answer from the people who are managing
the database . opened a SR but the support wants me to trace a event on the
next occurrance and get back to me . which may not be a small wait . so I
will just keep my fingers crossed until the next occurrance.