shutdown password protected listener

  • From: "Joe Smith" <joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 15:18:40 -0600

How do I shutdown the LISTENER with a password in a script. I have this default script called "oracle".

It starts and stops the databases and listener. When I changed the default listener settings for security reasons starting the listener is easy, it does not require the password. However shutting down down the listener is the problem.

case "$1" in
                su - oracle -c "/oracle_home/bin/lsnrctl start LISTENER_ORCL"

su - oracle -c "/oracle_home/bin/lsnrctl set current_listener LISTENER_ORCL"
                su - oracle -c "/oracle_home/bin/lsnrctl set password ${2}"
                su - oracle -c "/oracle_home/bin/lsnrctl stop"

this last command fails. It points to the default listener LISTENER. Not the correct listener,

How do I shutdown a password protected listener thru a shell script?