From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joe Smith
Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 3:19 PM
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: shutdown password protected listener

How do I shutdown the LISTENER with a password in a script.  I have this

default script called "oracle".

It starts and stops the databases and listener.  When I changed the
default
listener settings for security reasons starting the listener is easy, it

does not require the password.  However shutting down down the listener
is
the problem.

PWD=${2}

case "$1" in
        'start')
                su - oracle -c "/oracle_home/bin/lsnrctl start
LISTENER_ORCL"

        'stop')
                su - oracle -c "/oracle_home/bin/lsnrctl set
current_listener
LISTENER_ORCL"
                su - oracle -c "/oracle_home/bin/lsnrctl set password
${2}"
                su - oracle -c "/oracle_home/bin/lsnrctl stop"

this last command fails.  It points to the default listener LISTENER.
Not
the correct listener,
i.e. LISTENER_ORCL.

How do I shutdown a password protected listener thru a shell script?

thanks.

http://imagine-windowslive.com/search/kits/default.aspx?kit=improve&loca
le=en-US&source=hmemailtaglinenov06&FORM=WLMTAG

NOTICE:  This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential.
The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity intended
as the recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying,
printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the
message or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited.  If
you have received this electronic mail message in error, please advise the
sender by reply electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original
transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your computer
system. Thank you.