Re: seeking for opinions on migrate from Sun to X86: ASM vs filesystem, HA options;

  • From: Zhu Chao <zhuchao@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Darren Darnell <darren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 22:24:46 +0800

Thanks darren.
A few further Q on your points
Regarding aio. On filesystem, I know on solaris it uses threaded model(lwp) to
simulate asyhch io. Not sure what is oracle aio on Linux now ,anyone has
details/internal implement ions..? On filesystemio-options, not sure how
efficient it is comapred to Asm native aio/dio.

Regarding multipathing, solaris has it's mpio(did I spell it right.), did Linux
now has something similar (udev u guys talking about?) how mature it is?

The answer I want to ask the list friends is:
For those who are running oracle on Linux, how many of using ASM and how many
uses ext3/vxfs?

How many using VCS and how many using CRS?

Thx

Best regards
Zhuchao

在 2010-10-27,10:53,Darren Darnell <darren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 写到: