Re: roles

  • From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 06:55:59 -0800 (PST)

I agree; the original post complained of grants througn a role  not being
available thus my response.  This issue can have a couple of causes depending
upon what error  is received and during what operations it is displayed.  A
procedure that won't compile is due to missing direct grants on the table or
tables; 'table or view doe snot exist' errors from SQL*Plus can be grant or
synonym issues.  The problem has not been well defined; I probably shouldn't
have jumped on the bandwagon before the issue was described in more detail.

David Fitzjarrell

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>