RE: rman incremental backups vs. full backups

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F" <thomas.mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Oracle Discussion List <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 15:32:17 -0500

Ryan,

I realized that I didn't really answer your question.  We perform full Rman
backups three times a week with incrementals in between.  Because of what I
said prior, there really was no reason to perform incremental backups.  Of
course, I am not backing up any warehouses where an incremental may help.

Again, according to Oracle, incrementals are the way to go with 10g and
forward.  I won't believe it until I see it.

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional