RE: rman incremental backups vs. full backups

  • From: "Stephens, Chris" <ChrisStephens@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 08:53:33 -0500

I believe Arup Nanda has an article about some of the 10g Rman features.
One that is pertinent here is that you can actually merge and
incremental backup into a previous full backup  ...that's not during
recovery but effectively creating a full-more-recent backup set that you
can then use to restore and recover.  It sounded VERY kewl.

...of coarse it's entirely possible that I misunderstood what Arup was
saying.=20