RE: rman backup to disk, mismatch in amount backed up to each cha nnel

  • From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:22:25 -0500

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2004 9:12 AM
To: 'Peter.Hitchman@xxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: rman backup to disk, mismatch in amount backed up to each
channel

Peter - I could only speculate on why RMAN would shunt more backup to one
filesystem than the other. I don't think you can control it anyway. We had a
similar situation where we didn't have enough total free space on one device
for the entire backup, and so wanted to split the backup between two
devices. However, one device didn't have much free space so we wanted less
of the back to go to that device. What I did was create two channels on the
device where I wanted more of the backup to go, and only one channel on the
other device. This worked very well. My suggestion would be to try that
approach.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.