password columns in oracle 11g

  • From: Joan Hsieh <joan.hsieh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle_l <ORACLE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 14:58:53 -0400

Hi Listers,

In oracle 10g, if we need to refresh the test database from prod database, we reserve all the users/schema's password on test databases by extract the encrypted password column from dba_users and reset the password by using the command " alter user identified by values " "; from the pre refresh process after refresh. In oracle 11g, the password column in dba_users is null, it seems we lost the ability to reserve the original password. I have opened the SR with oracle for over 3 weeks, they still didn't give me any solutions. I am wondering if someone knows better.

Thanks in advance,

Joan