Re: password columns in oracle 11g

  • From: Joan Hsieh <joan.hsieh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 11:37:39 -0400

Hi Joe,

This is exactly what I need, thanks many many times.

Joan

On 5/18/2010 3:08 PM, TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I'll assume you got access to user$, its still in there, but now the dba_users view just forces a NULL.

joe

_______________________________________
Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional
Senior Engineering & Administration Lead
(Work) 614-677-1668
(Cell) 614-312-6715

From:   Joan Hsieh <joan.hsieh@xxxxxxxxx>
To:     oracle_l <ORACLE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   05/18/2010 02:59 PM
Subject:        password columns in oracle 11g
Sent by:        oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Listers,

In oracle 10g, if we need to refresh the test database from prod
database, we reserve all the users/schema's password on test databases
by extract the encrypted password column from dba_users and reset the
password by using the command " alter user identified by values " ";
from the pre refresh process after refresh. In oracle 11g, the password
column in dba_users is null,  it seems  we lost the ability to reserve
the original password. I have opened the SR with oracle for over 3
weeks, they still didn't give me any solutions. I am wondering if
someone knows better.

Thanks in advance,

Joan