Re: oracle_home

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 18:50:13 +0100

FYI That link points to AUDIT on my phone... I agree entirely.
<RANT> I really, really, wish though that by default oraenv got installed
in /usr/bin OR that the script was configured by root.sh so that calling
scripts from cron with ORAENV_ASK=NO just worked. I've lost track of the
number of cronjobs I've seen that don't work when called from cron, but do
interactively. root.sh does allow you to 'misspecify' the local binary
directory of course.

And whilst I've got you all in the back of my cab, wouldn't it be great if
Oracle came up with a common oraenv across products and version controlled
it so you didn't need to decide whether to answer Y/N to replacing the
oraenv and associated scripts
</RANT>