Re: mview over private database link

  • From: Remigiusz Sokolowski <remigiusz.sokolowski@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 14:23:07 +0200

SELECT grants are provided directly (do I need more then select?) - I've
just checked it.
If schema TARGET has its own private link then all goes well, if not
then while creating a mview the rdbms throws
00942. 00000 -  "table or view does not exist".

This error is when in the view in the MIDDLE schema there is no
qualification (ie. there is from some_view@SRC and not
some_user.some_view@SRC). If I add it then I 've got
04052. 00000 -  "error occurred when looking up remote object %s%s%s%s%s"

thus it seems that when I call the MIDDLE view from TARGET session in a
query, it is done entirely on MIDDLE objects, but when I try to build a
mview the definition is somthing like copied to the mview definition and
then performed - then in a wrong context.

--
Pole nakazi

Remigiusz Sokolowski <remigiusz.sokolowski@xxxxxxxxxx>
pos   : DBA at DIiUSI
addr  : Nordea Bank Polska SA, Luzycka 6A Street, 81-537 Gdynia, Poland
phone : +48 58 667 17 43
mobile: +48 602 42 42 77
Nordea Bank Polska S.A. z siedziba w Gdyni, ul. Kielecka 2, 81-303 Gdynia,
wpisana do Rejestru Przedsiebiorców Krajowego Rejestru Sadowego pod numerem:
0000021828,
dla której dokumentacje przechowuje Sad Rejonowy Gdansk - Pólnoc w Gdansku,
VIII Wydzial Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sadowego,
o kapitale zakladowym i wplaconym w wysokosci: 277.493.500,00 zlotych,
NIP: 586-000-78-20, REGON: 190024711--