Re: moving objects between tablespaces

  • From: "Don Seiler" <don@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: godwin.ror@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 17:42:45 -0500

You will have to rebuild those indexes and probably recompile any
depended PL/SQL objects (triggers, procedures, etc).  It won't move
the indexes and no you don't have to move them if you don't want to.

Because of this, I would suggest NOT doing this during peak hours.

Don.

On 3/22/07, Godwin vincent <godwin.ror@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,
          I want to move a table A using tablespace TB1 onto  tablespace
TB2. I can issue " Alter table A move tablespace TB2" to get this thing
done, but my concern is,

1. If the table A has any indexes, does this moving affect them in anyway?
do i have to move them too?
2. Can i perform this moving on fly or do i have to restrict anything before
moving the table?

Any information will be of a great help.

Thanks,
Godwin.

--
Don Seiler