memory related problems

  • From: Helter Skelter <helter.skelterr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 13:26:30 -0800 (PST)

I've got some strange memory related problems on my test environment.
Here is my configuration:

System memory32GB

sga_target 24G

kernel.shmmax = 25316935680
kernel.shmall = 12361785
vm.nr_hugepages = 12293

oracle               hard    memlock  25176064
oracle               soft    memlock  25176064

I've started oracle from sqlplus - everything works as expected:

Mem:         32192      26620       5571          0         23        722
Swap:        20191          0      20191

HugePages_Total: 12293
HugePages_Free:      4
HugePages_Rsvd:      0
Hugepagesize:     2048 kB

Then, oracle autostart disabled ->reboot of server->sqlplus ->startup -> OK :)

But...I've enabled autostart (srvctl), restarted server and then problems
appears - a lot of swapping, high server load, oracle processes psp, mman, lmon
at 70-80% cpu and in the end:
Process MMAN died, see its trace file
USER: terminating instance due to error 443

after that I can with no problems start database with sqlplus, but when I stop
it again and try start it with srvctl - the same...swappping, high load etc...

any ideas where is the problem ?