RE: maxthr system statistic

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <alberto.dellera@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 10:36:39 -0700

Very interesting but I'm not quite sure I understand the correlation
between maxthr and the cost calculation from your results below.  Did
the point at which the DOP/cost ratio flattened out change with
different values of maxthr?  In other words, if you doubled maxthr to
16000, did the cost continue to decrease until you got to parallel=8?

Thanks,
Brandon