listener status checking

  • From: "Kerber, Andrew W." <Andrew.Kerber@xxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 10:58:56 -0500

Hi, we have been using bmc patrol to monitor instance and listener
status, but it has reached the point where the number of false alarms
from patrol has made it unusable for this.

Does anyone have a shell script or even a stored procedure that uses
external table definitions that will read the listener.ora, and
preferably connect to each database using each listener, or even do a
tnsping on each listener to verify that it is up? We have solaris and
aix versions of Unix.  Oracle versions run from 8.1.7 to 10.2.0.3

Andrew W. Kerber
Senior Oracle DBA
UMB

"If at first you dont succeed dont take up skydiving."

NOTICE:  This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential.
The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity intended
as the recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying,
printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the
message or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited.  If
you have received this electronic mail message in error, please advise the
sender by reply electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original
transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your computer
system. Thank you.