RE: listener status checking

  • From: "Randy Johnson" <randyjo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Andrew.Kerber@xxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 23:42:58 -0500

Try this. No warranties implied. I wrote it last year and all it does is
login using a valid tnsnames.ora entry and does a:

        SELECT INSTANCE_NAME, TO_CHAR(SYSDATE, 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS') FROM
V$INSTANCE;

And returns the results. It is written in Perl and requires the DBD::Oracle
module.

Run it as follows:

        dbping -i mydb -u system -p manager