Re: linux memory: limiting filesystem caching

  • From: Maimon Oded <oded.maimon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mark.teehan@xxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 11:50:02 +0300

if you mean that the oracle is swapping it's memory? you can use LOCK_SGA
init parameter with the oracle to make it lock the
sga in the memory without doing any swap.

you should use lock_sga with rac any way.

This parameter is not working in all platforms, but i think it works with
linux.

Regards,
Oded.