RE: interview with Oracle

  • From: "Bellows, Bambi" <bbellows@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 15:20:52 -0500

Since Mladen and Jared both questioned my math, I thought I'd better
respond publicly before I get hundreds of emails...

42 is the answer to life, the universe, and everything...

but...

according to the fifth book of the increasingly inaccurately named
Hitchhikers Trilogy...

the Earth was constructed to be a massive computer which had monkeys
playing Scrabble to determine the QUESTION to which 42 was the ultimate
answer... and the question was "what do you get when you multiply 6 by
8?".

This is obviously an arcane answer to a question to which everyone knows
the common answer (42), but, since this _is_ an interview with Oracle,
it might be best to be up on theory.

HTH,
Bambi.