Re: help understanding an ORA-01732 error with inline view

  • From: Adric Norris <landstander668@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Sidney Chen <huanshengchen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 13:13:22 -0500

Yeah, I also tried with a 10g database (on Solaris this time) this morning,
with identical results.  At this point I strongly suspect that I'm seeing
expected behaviour, but am still hoping to find something which documents
the restriction and/or explains the underlying reason.
Any suggestions for alternate methods of writing that sort of update
statement are, of course, very welcome as well.

Thanx for checking! :)

--
"I'm too sexy for my code." -Awk Sed Fred