Re: gv$sql_shared_cursor question

  • From: Tanel Põder <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 11:21:50 -0600

The parallel query slaves are spawned for querying info from other RAC nodes, it is very useful with large number of nodes.

Also, I'd like to correct myself and my earlier post - I had always thought that when you query underlying X$ table directly, one would get the info from all RAC instances in them (and that's why the "where inst_id = userenv('Instance')" is in local v$views). But apparently that's not the case. Querying X$ tables directly just gets the instance-local info. Whenever the same objects are queried through GV$ fixed views, then the query goes global.

Thanks for Jonathan Lewis for pointing this out.

Tanel.

----- Original Message ----- From: "rjamya" <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>