Re: fastest SQL?

  • From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Toon Koppelaars <toon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 21:48:36 +0100

Toon, Andre,

can you test it, please?
I'm not sure if the additional code and SGA access in result cache improves the query.

(ok, we are now on a measurement issue: how can we measure such a fast sql? any good idea?)

Am 11.03.2010 um 21:41 schrieb Toon Koppelaars:

Any method to make it even faster?

Use the query result cache hint?

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 9:34 PM, Martin Berger <martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:
How fast is it on your fastest DB?
I don't want to set boundaries. ok, let's talk about an Oracle RDBMS. any Version. any OS. any SQL. just show your timing.

I _assume_, the 1st 'select 1 from dual;' is slightly slower as the 2nd one (hard/soft parsing).
Any method to make it even faster?

Am 11.03.2010 um 21:30 schrieb Niall Litchfield:

select 1 from dual; is pretty fast. perhaps you'd like to set some boundaries.

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 8:20 PM, Martin Berger <martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:
 what is the fastest SQL you can create?

this sounds silly at the first view, but maybe some of you want to create a really fast SQL and show me how you made it that fast.
everything is allowed, (HW, SW, ...) just please share your methods!

I hope you enjoy this challenge. ;-)

--
Toon Koppelaars
RuleGen BV

(co)Author: "Applied Mathematics for Database Professionals"
www.RuleGen.com/pls/apex/f?p=14265:13