Re: event based scheduling and queues

  • From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kutrovsky.oracle@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 18:20:51 -0700

Have you looked at expression filters? From the sparse description it sounds like they could be a solution.
http://www.oracle.com/technology/oramag/oracle/05-may/o35sql.html

At 01:03 PM 12/9/2005, Christo Kutrovsky wrote:

Can you give us more details about how you enque and make the job
wakeup ? Perhaps some code extracts ?

On 12/9/05, Chris Stephens <cstephens16@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 10gR2 on linux
>
> We have a queue that accepts xml documents.  Documents are members of
> sets.  No document can be processed unless the entire set has been
> enqueued.  We indicate this by a 'isLastInSet' attribute in the
> payload.  We were hoping to set an event based job that is triggered
> this attribute having a 'true' value.
>
> We need a solution that ensures all sets are processed as soon as the
> last set member is enqueued.

Regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation