Re: disable pk works differently in oracle 9 and oracle 10?

  • From: "Alex Gorbachev" <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 21:45:50 +0200

Is index still valid after disabling constraint?

2006/6/8, genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Charles, Mark and Erich

Thank you for your help.

Charles, thanks for the reference to the 139666.1 note. My case is close to
the case 3, but not exactly because I build
a unique index (and in the Note the index built as a nonunique which makes
a difference according to Mark's Email).
so I have opened a SR with Oracle and will hope to get some definite answer
from them. Erich, my case seems to
contradict the info you have found in the  admin guide. So may be I have
done something incorrectly . I'll post
whatever answer I will get from oracle

thank you

Gene Gurevich