Re: dba mgt woes

  • From: Gints Plivna <gints.plivna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bbellows@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 19:35:47 +0300

Hmm I assume these types could be united.
I personally love technologies and especially Oracle and even more
especially developing some nice apps with it. BUT. I'm also making
sure my employer doesn't employ me too much. He pays me for 8 hours.
Extra hours means extra money or at least (if these are sometimes and
rare) big thanks. I'm learning many things also not only in my working
hours but that's just because I like them, not because I feel obliged
to do that. Life can be lived only once, there are also other things
apart from work. I'v seen several people that worked very hard, worked
past their official pension years and lastly when they were laid off,
earth didn't collapse, our country stayed in the same place and even
many times their company didn't say them very big Thank you after so
many years of work. I don't want be like that.

Gints