Re: code to load tracefile into CLOB?

  • From: Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tim@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 20:56:24 -0500

Hm... I could definitely see some perks to using an external table.  It
would be a lot easier to export this to a file on their own machine...
simpler all-around...

Only additional wrinkle is that this is not just one tracefile, but lots
and lots of tracefiles.  Anytime they enable 10046 on a session, I want
them to get their tracefile.  A block of code that dynamically creates a
bunch of external tables would do it, one for each trace file...  but we
have a lot of files and I'd rather not create so many objects.  Maybe if
there was just one external table, and I had a block of code that just
redefined that external table to point to whichever trace file they
need...  the many developers here would just have to coordinate.  Or
perhaps I could make it like DBMS_STATS where they can point it to any
table, create one in their own schema that they just re-use, like the
PLAN_TABLE.

But to my original question, I guess nobody already has this block of
code already written?  Suppose I'll have to actually go and write it?
Oh well.  :)

-Jeremy

--
http://www.ardentperf.com