Re: clustering factor and partitioned tables

  • From: "Alberto Dell'Era" <alberto.dellera@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 00:03:30 +0200

On 6/26/07, Joe Smith <joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am reading Tom Kyte's book and on page 444 he deals with clustering
factor.  I have a partitioned table with a global index.  Does anybody have
information on how the clustering factor influences a partitioned table with
global index?

A very interesting article for how (hash) partitioning a table influences
the clustering factor is the following:

http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com/2007/05/08/more-of-a-hash/

not sure if that focus exactly on your question, but that article
definitely is worth reading for anyone investigating your topic.

hth,
alberto
--
Alberto Dell'Era